Looking for Careers in Multiple Sclerosis Healthcare?
Thank you for considering IMSMP for your next career opportunity. If you enjoy working in a challenging and fulfilling, patient-care environment where teamwork is critical to the success of the operation, IMSMP is the place for you. We offer many exciting and rewarding careers for staff members to blaze their own trail of success. Please call Human Resources at (212) 265-8070, to learn more about our current openings:
The International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice is seeking a registered nurse for a full-time position at our outpatient medical practice. Our center is dedicated to providing outstanding care for our patients with multiple sclerosis (MS). The IMSMP is seeking a dedicated RN who is detail oriented, eager to broaden their nursing skills, learn new techniques, and provide compassionate care to patients with a chronic disease. Prior knowledge of multiple sclerosis not required.
Position details: Full time day nursing position. Saturday rotations; very competitive salary and benefits; a pleasant and professional work environment.
Responsibilities (to include but not limited to):
- Work collaboratively with clinical care team to maintain the standards of professional nursing practices in a clinical setting
- Perform Comprehensive Nursing Assessments
- Ensure that all physician orders are carried out appropriately and in a timely manner
- Coordinates and follows through with follow up care, diagnostic testing and medication education
- Integrate patient care standards in all clinical activities
- Promote a supportive and team-oriented environment
- Graduate from an accredited School of Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing required
- Valid/Current New York State Nursing License
- Valid/Current Basic Life Support Certification through the American Heart Association
- Prior knowledge in multiple sclerosis not required- full training/orientation provided
- An understanding of comprehensive and compassionate nursing care
- Strong interpersonal, oral, written communication and collaborative skills
- Promotes a positive and pleasant attitude conducive to the workplace which enhance the mission of the IMSMP
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite and Electronic Medical Record systems
Email your resume to RNcareers@imsmp.org for consideration.
The IMSMP is seeking a master’s level social worker to assess and help each person in his or her own personal situation and environment. Our center is dedicated to providing outstanding care for our patients with multiple sclerosis (MS).
Psychosocial Assessment: In-depth, individualized sessions with patients and families to assess problems in the home environment, relationships and coping, leading to collaboration with the interdisciplinary team on ameliorating those issues.
MS Support Groups: Facilitate support groups of our patients in order to help them help each other cope with the diagnosis.
Supportive Counseling: Offer short-term supportive counseling for patients and family members regarding MS issues.
Disability: One-on-one meetings for people who are no longer able to work. Assist in navigating the private, group and Social Security Disability application process.
Home Care for MS: Assessment and referral to agencies that provide physical and occupational therapy, home safety assessment, and home health aides.
Family Meetings: The arrangement of meetings between patients, their families and the medical team to discuss and problem-solve seemingly intractable problems.
Entitlements Eligibility for MS: Information on government programs that may assist with income and health insurance. Referral to attorneys who specialize in the Medicaid process.
Qualifications: LMSW Ability to engage, build relationships and demonstrate empathy Prior knowledge of MS not required
NOTE: Applicant not able to obtain LCSW hours at the IMSMP.
The IMSMP offers a very competitive salary and benefits in a pleasant and professional work environment.
How to apply: Please email your cover letter and resume to Yadira LaMazza at firstname.lastname@example.org or you can fax to 212-265-8194.
Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager
Social Media and Digital Marketing Manager The Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager will coordinate and implement all marketing efforts related to the International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice and its affiliated research organization, Tisch MS Research Center of New York. In this role, you will need to be creative, well organized, and have a keen eye for social media as a marketing tool. Increase brand awareness, create all marketing materials and maintain overall internet and social media presence. The successful candidate will be efficient, tech-savvy, and willing to take initiative on driving new projects and ideas with minimal oversight. The Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager will have a passion for supporting and improving online presence and digital marketing strategies while increasing organic interactions.
Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager Responsibilities Will Include:
- Develop and update a timely and relevant social media content calendar
- Create innovative content and schedule social media posts across various platforms: Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and websites
- Create, proof and edit Healing MS quarterly newsletter
- Proactively engage with our social media community, respond to all inquiries
- Use social media to drive traffic and awareness • Collaborate with other members of the clinical and research team on posts
- Update and edit all marketing materials including new patient guides and fundraising materials
- Book photographers, coordinate interviews, organize video and photoshoots
- Maintain media list database and cultivate relationships with media & press
- Perform monthly Google Analytics report of IMSMP & Tisch MSRCNY websites
Social Media & Digital Marketing Manager Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in communications or a relevant field
- Prior experience in social media posting and content strategy
- Working knowledge of popular social media platforms: Facebook, Instagram, Twitter
- Prior experience with content development and social analytics analysis
- Experience with content management platforms like ZohoSocial or Hootsuite preferred
- Knowledge of SEO, Google Analytics and Drupal is a plus
- Adobe InDesign experience creating graphics required
- Mailchimp experience required
- Excellent writing, editing, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to organize and plan effectively, manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Team player who is detail-oriented and thorough
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher)
How to apply: Please email your resume to Pamela Levin at: email@example.com
The Tisch Multiple Sclerosis Research Center of New York offers a two-year clinical fellowship program for neurology residents who wish to pursue further training in neuro-immunology/multiple sclerosis. The fellow will obtain comprehensive clinical training in MS management as well as have the opportunity to perform clinical and translational research. The Tisch MS Center adjoins its clinical partner, the International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice (IMSMP), and both are directed by Dr. Saud A. Sadiq. The IMSMP is devoted to achieving outstanding MS care through proactive immunological treatment, comprehensive symptom management, and translational research in collaboration with Tisch MS. The practice has a full array of on-site symptom management clinics including: intrathecal pump management, pain, urology, physical and occupational therapy, cognition, and naturopathic medicine. There is an on-site infusion suite and an MRI facility with two 3-Tesla magnets. In the 34,000 square foot laboratory, six PhD's conduct a wide array of research including CSF biomarkers, stem cell treatment, and MS immunology. The physical proximity and daily interaction between the MD's and PhD's fosters an academic environment and provides fellows with an unparalleled opportunity to pursue a variety of both clinical and research interests. Contact our fellowship director, Dr. James W. Stark, at firstname.lastname@example.org to request further information regarding our application requirements.
Commitment to Excellence
Our career opportunities are for leaders who share the belief that innovation, commitment to excellence, and uncompromising quality are critical to success.
At the International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice (IMSMP) and Tisch MS Research Center of New York (Tisch MSRCNY), the health and safety of our patients, team and our community are a priority. As a private employer in NYC, the IMSMP & Tisch MSRCNY require all staff receive the COVID-19 vaccine as a condition of employment and to enter the workplace. Successful applicants for this position must be fully vaccinated by date of hire and proof of vaccine is required. Full vaccination is defined as two weeks after both doses of two-dose vaccine or two weeks after a single-dose vaccine has been administered. Anyone unable to be vaccinated, because of medical or religious reasons, can request a reasonable accommodation for consideration. In addition, masks must be worn at the Center when in any public, shared spaces.
Equal Opportunity Employer
The IMSMP is an Equal Opportunity Employer, supporting a diverse work environment that fosters communication and involvement while providing reward and recognition for team and individual achievement. All qualified individuals seeking job opportunities with the International Multiple Sclerosis Management Practice will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, physical impairment or national origin.