James McKee, R.N. is the nurse manager of our infusion suite and runs infusions on most weekdays. For your convenience, the suite is open seven days a week with a few closures around certain holidays (generally the weekends over Martin Luther King, Memorial Day, 4th of July, Labor Day, Thanksgiving, Christmas and New Year's.) When James is not running the suite, we have a number of well qualified, oncology-trained nurses on staff. An IMSMP physician is always present in the center while IV treatments are in process.
Here are some tips on receiving intravenous treatments at the IMSMP:
- Please arrive at your scheduled time and notify the office if you will be significantly delayed. If there is a significant problem on the weekend, please page the doctor on call by calling 212-265-8070.
- Be sure to hydrate well on the night before and morning of your infusion.
- You may want to bring something to eat and drink, especially if your infusion is over a long period of time.
- You may also enter the IMSMP on 58th street, which is actually closer to the infusion suite. The entrance is marked 518 (West 58th Street). Please note that on weekends, you must use the 58th street entrance.
- Guests are welcome but, as space is limited, please limit to one guest.
- Children under the age of 10 years-old will not be permitted in the infusion suite.
- Generally, it is advisable to call ahead if you know that you will need prescriptions or you would like to try to meet with a physician. This way, we can do our best to accommodate your request.
- If your treatment is ongoing, please schedule your next visit before leaving.