Dr. Deneb Bates is a Naturopathic Doctor who recently joined the IMSMP in order to provide a knowledgeable holistic approach for the care of people living with Multiple Sclerosis. She is an expert in utilizing complimentary and integrative medicine to promote optimal health. She specializes in providing patients with minimally invasive natural treatment options, which include nutrition and botanical medicine, and in empowering patients to take positive actions for their own health and wellbeing. Dr. Bates studied biochemistry and ethnobotany at Evergreen State College and received her Doctorate in Naturopathic Medicine from Bastyr University, the premier medical school offering a four-year naturopathic medical education. In addition, she also trained in midwifery and natural childbirth, completed an internship in integrative allergy and immunology, and is designer of a specialty nutrition program for healthy brain aging.
- Integrative consultation and management of your care in partnership with your neurologist at IMSMP
- Comprehensive review of your personal health history and naturopathic assessment of current health status
- Detailed assessment of your dietary and lifestyle choices
- Personalized recommendations and education on anti-inflammatory nutritional choices
- Evaluation of your current medications and your past or present use of supplements and alternative therapies
- Suggestions for specific natural therapies (i.e., supplements) for your health needs
NUTRITIONAL NEWS FROM DR. BATES:
Good fats are important to good health
Dietary fats play an essential role in total body inflammation. Additionally, our brains and myelin are composed primarily of fats.
Research is confirming that the type and quality of fats that we choose in our diet has a profound impact on inflammation, memory, mood, and overall neurological function.